We will celebrate Lord Jagannatha's Chappan Bhoga festival Sunday, July 31st 2016. We will offer a minimum of 56 preps to Their Lordships Lord Jagannatha, Lord Balarama and Lady Subhadra Devi as is the daily tradition at the Jagannath Mandir in Puri.
This is a unique service opportunity for our congregation. Everyone can prepare an offering for Lord Jagannath, even if you are "NOT" Brahman Initiated devotee. You can cook preparations (in your home) for Their Lordships. This will be your personal offering. This unique seva, cooking for the Lord, only happens once in a year. Do not miss this opportunity, young or old.
At the end of the festival, the Mahaprasada will be distributed to everyone.
3:30p - Your offering must be at the temple
3:45 p.m. - Tulasi Arati
4:00 p.m. - Arati
4:30 p.m. - Class on Lord Jagannath
5:30 p.m. - mini arati
6:30 p.m. - Mahaprasadam is served
Bhoga offering requirements
1. Cook the offerings in uncontaminated pots: i.e. Pots in which only vegetarian food has been cooked.
2. Onion, garlic, mushrooms, cocoa/chocolate cannot be used in the offerings
3. Bring your offering in a new aluminum container, like a pie aluminum pan. In this way, we can put it
directly on the altar (NO PLASTIC containers new or old).
4. Do not purchase prepared food from grocer. It must be an offering you prepared.
5. Meditate on the Lord and His pastimes while cooking. The Lord tastes our devotion with which we cook.
6. Do not taste the offering while cooking or when it is complete.
7. Your offering must be at the temple by 4:30 pm.
Lord Jagannatha, Lord Baladeva, Lady Subhdra Ki Jai!!!
If you have any questions about cooking for Lord Jagannatha, please call me.