Founder-Acharya: His Divine Grace
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
Seven Purposes of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness:
1. To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all peoples in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
2. To propagate a consciousness of Krishna, as it is revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.
3. To bring the members of the Society together with each other and nearer to Krsna, the prime entity, and thus to develop the idea within the members and humanity at large that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of Godhead (Krsna).
4. To teach and encourage the sankirtana movement, congregational chanting of the holy name of God as revealed in the teachings of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
5. To erect for the members and for society at large a holy place of transcendental pastimes dedicated to the Personality of Krsna.
6. To bring the members closer together for the purpose of teaching a simpler and more natural way of life.
7. With a view towards achieving the aforementioned purposes, to publish and distribute periodicals, magazines, books and other writings.
Hare Krishna. July Update on the COVID-19 outbreak
Dear NA Leaders,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
I write just to remind you, being encouraged to do so by other NA leaders, that it is imperative that we remain vigilant in our efforts to protect devotees from covid-19.
The recent, sad departure of HH Bhakti Charu Swami is a reminder that none of us is immune to nature's forces. And we know it's our duty to protect ourselves and other devotees so we can serve Krishna nicely and push on Srila Prabhupada's movement.
So, as you open up, or when you open up, please enforce the following (in your loving Krishna conscious ways).
1. All devotees and guests in the temples must wear masks. This should include children.
--this includes during kirtans. Even those leading kirtans should ideally continue to wear their masks.
2. All devotees and guests must observe social distancing.
3. Disinfectants should be available for all to use at the temple entrances.
4. Devotees should be encouraged to wash their hands regularly.
5. Best to not pay obeisances on the floor.
6. Prasada items like flowers, water and lamps should not be passed around.
7. Microphones (both the mic and the top of the stand where people handle it) and musical instruments must be disinfected regularly
8. Other things like doorknobs, public spaces like bathrooms, etc, must be cleaned and disinfected several times daily.
9. additional attention should be given to how prasadam is prepared and distributed.
10. Please follow all government guidelines.
Again the key message is masks, distance, and disinfect.
Thank you very much for keeping the Vaishnava community safe.
Kuladri dasaDear NA Leaders,
The Incorporation of Iskcon July 14
In New York City