Temple Darshan Program
Hare Krishna. July Update on the COVID-19 outbreak
Dear NA Leaders,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
I write just to remind you, being encouraged to do so by other NA leaders, that it is imperative that we remain vigilant in our efforts to protect devotees from covid-19.
The recent, sad departure of HH Bhakti Charu Swami is a reminder that none of us is immune to nature's forces. And we know it's our duty to protect ourselves and other devotees so we can serve Krishna nicely and push on Srila Prabhupada's movement.
So, as you open up, or when you open up, please enforce the following (in your loving Krishna conscious ways).
1. All devotees and guests in the temples must wear masks. This should include children.
--this includes during kirtans. Even those leading kirtans should ideally continue to wear their masks.
2. All devotees and guests must observe social distancing.
3. Disinfectants should be available for all to use at the temple entrances.
4. Devotees should be encouraged to wash their hands regularly.
5. Best to not pay obeisances on the floor.
6. Prasada items like flowers, water and lamps should not be passed around.
7. Microphones (both the mic and the top of the stand where people handle it) and musical instruments must be disinfected regularly
8. Other things like doorknobs, public spaces like bathrooms, etc, must be cleaned and disinfected several times daily.
9. additional attention should be given to how prasadam is prepared and distributed.
10. Please follow all government guidelines.
Again the key message is masks, distance, and disinfect.
Thank you very much for keeping the Vaishnava community safe.
Founder-Acharya: His Divine Grace
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
GUIDELINES FOR TEMPLE DARSHAN
1. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE TEMPLE AUTHORITIES AT ALL TIMES
THEY WILL MANAGE YOUR DARSHAN TIME.
2. YOU MUST ALLOW THE DARSHAN GREETER TO SANITIZE YOUR HANDS
3. YOU MUST WEAR A MASK WHILE IN THE TEMPLE ROOM
4. YOU MUST STAY WITHIN THE BLUE LINED PATHWAY IN THE TEMPLE ROOM. NO WANDERING
AROUND THE TEMPLE ROOM TO OFFER OBEISANCES TO THE DEITIES PAINTINGS.
5. NO LAYING ON THE TEMPLE ROOM FLOOR FOR OFFERING OBEISANCES
6. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING SUCH AS THE ALTAR OR SRILA PRABHUPADA’S LOTUS FEET
7. GROUPS WHO COME TOGETHER IN THE SAME CAR MAY HAVE DARSHAN TOGETHER
8. GROUPS OF OTHER PARTIES MAY NOT MIX WITH OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR GROUPS NOT IN THEIR
9. IF THERE ARE OTHERS WAITING FOR DARSHAN, THEN YOU ARE ALLOWED 10 MINUTES ONLY
YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE DARSHAN GREETER. HE WILL MANAGE YOUR DARSHAN TIME SO THAT OTHERS WILL HAVE TIME FOR DARSHAN ALSO.
Daily darshan of our deities is now available at the following hours:
12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The temple is following the Pandemic policy of the city of Atlanta.
You will have your temperature checked with a touch-less scanner, your hands will be sanitized, and you must wear a mask. We have a few mask available at our Darshan Check-in table.
You will have to stay within the designated marked areas of the temple room and social distancing will be observed.
The Darshan Greeter at the table will explain everything to you on arrival.
Depending on how many people are waiting for darshan, your time maybe limited to 10 minutes.